Friday 24 January 2014

Review: The 1975 Album


Hey guys!

So recently I've been "band surfing" on Spotify. I'm pretty sure everybody does this at some point. We all get to the stage where we want something different or new to listen to.
That's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Even though there are some great tunes in the charts, I felt like exploring for some new music. And if your looking for something that's not your usual taste the Spotify is definitely the place to go.
So that's where I headed to...and I finally found a few bands that I haven't discovered before.

One of those bands was the 1975. I know they're not a new band, and that many people have heard of them. I thought I'd see what their self titled album from 2013, "The 1975", was like.

As soon as the first track started playing, I was hooked. As I listened to the rest of the album I knew that this band was going to become a new obsession.

I can't really describe their sound. It's sort of indie mix with a bit of rock 'n roll.

Their album has really suprised me. I don't usually like that type of music but there is something about that makes you want to listen to more of their songs.

I seriously would recommend The 1975 to anyone who wants a change from their normal listening. Each track has a great rythem to it, som of them don't even have lyrics.

My favourite tracks are Chocolate, Robbers and Settle Down. I also like the song HNSCC, which is on their EP "Music For Cars". There are no lyrics, but it always reminds me of walking in a forest :)


If you want to check them out, then here is a link to my playlist on Spotify. Comment to let me know what you think. Xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review Claire, I love The 1975 so much! My favourites are 'She Way Out,' 'Sex' and 'Heart Out' :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I have nominated you to take part in the '2013 Year In Review Q&A Tag.' Please click here to read it.

    I look forward to reading your response :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 1975!! I am so glad I found them this past year too! My favorites are Settle Down, Sex, Girls, and She Way Out. :)

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete